Work with other organizations using Slack Connect
Work productively and securely in channels with anyone, from inside and outside your organization.
Welcome. We're excited to help you earn your Slack Connect badge.
Organizations from all industries use Slack to streamline work, making teams more productive by working in channels. We know that sometimes you're not only relying on your own teammates to get work done. That's why we're bringing all the benefits of channels to work outside your organization with Slack Connect. Once known as “shared channels”, Slack Connect lets you share channels externally. Just as you would with your own teammates, you can use channels to work with your external partners, vendors and customers.
By bringing all of your conversations into channels, you'll save time and get work done faster in a centralized and secure place. Marketing teams work faster with agency partners. Operations teams work quickly with vendors and suppliers. Support teams resolve customer issues faster. Sales teams close deals faster with prospects. Slack is built for all types of roles and goals.
At the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Reduce time and context-switching by using Slack Connect to centralize all of your work and conversations into one secure place.
- Configure Slack Connect to meet your organization's security and compliance standards.
- Recognize opportunities and apply best practices for using Slack Connect for different business roles and goals.
- Empower everyone you work with in channels with tips and best practices for expectation setting and alignment.
- Invite others outside your organization to join a channel with Slack Connect.
By earning your badge, you'll show the world that you have deep knowledge of working productively and securely in channels with anyone, from inside and outside your organization. At the end of the course, you will validate your skills with a 10-question multiple-choice quiz.
To best prepare yourself for this badge, we recommend that you:
- Set aside about 2 hours to complete the self-paced course and quiz.
- Are comfortable with basic Slack functionality and terms.
|✅ Slack Connect is available on any of Slack's paid plans (Standard, Plus, or Enterprise Grid). For those who are not on a paid Slack plan, or not on Slack at all, they can be invited by a member on any paid plan to join a Slack channel. Those who are eligible will receive a 90-day free trial for Slack Connect with Slack’s Standard plan. You'll learn more about how to invite people to try Slack Connect for free later in this course.|