Drive etiquette and productivity
Get even more out of Slack by applying tips and best practices for driving productivity and etiquette as you work together.
Welcome. We're excited to help you earn your badge.
Teams use Slack to bring the right people together in channels to share ideas, make decisions, and move work forward with a common purpose and place. As your work and business grows, your projects and relationships naturally grow too. There are more conversations and people to be aware of, making it critical to get more results with less effort.
In this course, we'll show you tips that will boost both your personal and team productivity using simple tools and actions. You'll learn how to:
- Use your profile and status to let your teammates know if you're the right person to bring into a conversation and when to reach you
- Manage distractions and priorities by customizing your notifications, sidebar and channel access
- Use Slack apps and integrations to automate and centralize work
- Quickly find information buried in conversations with tools and shortcuts
- Grab the attention of specific teammates with @mentions and recommended message formatting
- Promote focus, organization and context in conversations using channel conventions, threads and emojis
- Align expectations when starting and joining channels with pinned items and channel descriptions
Not only do these best practices speed up your work and keep your teams connected, they also let you get creative and have some fun along the way. 🌈
At the end of this course, you'll learn skills that will help you:
- Find people and information you need quickly
- Keep conversations organized and focused
- Work at your own pace
- Set expectations that keep your teams connected and aligned
By earning your badge, you'll show the world that you have deep knowledge of driving etiquette and productivity with Slack. At the end of the course, you will validate your skills with a 10-question multiple-choice quiz.
To best prepare yourself for this badge, we recommend that you:
- Set aside about 2-3 hours to complete the self-paced course and quiz.
- Are comfortable with basic Slack functionality and terms.
|Note: This course will share best practices that are applicable to both the desktop and mobile versions of Slack, but step-by-step instructions and supporting images will be mainly depict the Slack desktop app.|