- Certified Admin Study Guide
- Chapter 1: Slack Fundamentals & Admin Controls
Slack fundamentals & architecture
- Chapter 2: Slack Architecture - Mastering the Slack Platform
User group administration
- Chapter 3: Managing Your Members
Managing your members
- Chapter 4: Apps and Data Security
- Chapter 5: Solving for Success
Solving for success
Certified Admin Study Guide
A step-by-step guide to studying for the Slack Admin certification
Welcome to the Slack Certified Admin study guide! Here, you'll find a step-by-step overview of the topics that will be covered in the Certified Admin exam, including links to helpful content. Just click Get Started to see the guides.
If you have experience with Slack’s admin capabilities and what it takes to create an effective experience for your team, then becoming a Slack Certified Admin will let you put your skills to the test and share your credentials.
By getting certified, you’ll be able to show the world that you have knowledge of Slack’s features and how to use them to build a simpler, more pleasant, and more productive experience for your team.
One note -- this is not the prep course, or the exam! To get certified, you'll need to attend a live course and take the exam on-site. In the program description below, you'll find more information on the requirements for the course and exam.
Am I ready to get certified?
To be Slack Admin Certified, you must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to implement, configure, and manage Slack in an enterprise, including familiarity with all Slack plans, including Standard, Plus, and Enterprise Grid.
You should be familiar with admin roles, Slack architecture, user provisioning, settings and policies, channel structure, app approval processes, data security, process design, and how to drive adoption for your team.
We recommend that you have hands-on experience as a Slack Admin in an enterprise using a Plus or Enterprise Grid plan. At least 3--but ideally 6 or more--months of experience is recommended before you attempt the exam.
We also recommend that you successfully complete our Slack Certified Admin prep course, live on-site or here on the Slack Certified site.
How do I get (and stay) certified?
To be considered a Certified Admin, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Successfully complete the Certified Admin Exam (see details below);
- Pay any applicable fees to attempt or retake the exam; and
- Agree to our policies and procedures, including our Slack Certified Program Participant Agreement, linked here.
Slack will notify you once you’re certified. At that time you’ll receive a certificate with a unique link that you can share on social media, or to verify your credentials if you need to prove that you have a certain certification or badge. Once you’ve been certified by Slack, you can share on your social media (or with others) that you are a “Slack Certified Admin” or that you are “Slack Admin Certified”; but do not use any other designation unless Slack has given you the green light. When you display your credential title on social media, or anywhere else that you share it, provide viewers with the URL link to your certificate.
To stay certified, you’ll need to:
- Comply with all of Slack’s policies and procedures, including those set forth in our Slack Certified Program Participant Agreement, linked here; and
- Take additional required courses or micro-badges as new features are released and Admin best practices change. After all, software changes quickly! We’ll let you know if and when new courses are required to maintain your certification.
Your Admin Certified credential will stay active for 18 months. At the end of 18 months, your Admin Certified credential will expire and you will be required to successfully pass our recertification program, which may include retaking the most current version of the Admin Certified Exam, and paying the applicable fee.
The Certified Admin Exam:
- Format: 60 Multiple Choice questions
- Time allotted: 90 Minutes
- Passing score: 65%
- Exam fee: USD $150
- Delivery Options: On-site at a live certification event
- Time Window: You must complete the exam within 6 months of your purchase of the course
- Products: Standard, Plus, and Enterprise Grid plans
- Prerequisites: None
- Language: English
In general, Slack does not accept appeals of exam scores for any reason.
What shouldn’t I do?
Slack wants you to build your knowledge and skills, and we’re here to help you do just that. But there are some things to avoid if you want to stay in good standing with the Slack Certified program.
- Don’t cheat. This is a closed-book test. If we discover that you’re using any external resources on the exam, whether they’re printed, electronic, or human, your certification can be revoked.
- Don’t share exam content or prep materials. We randomize the questions and the order that they appear. To remain in good standing and keep your certification valid, please do not copy or share any of the exam content or prep materials you see. Those are for your eyes only.
- Don’t misuse your badge. If you qualify for an Admin Certification, you’ll receive a certificate that you can post on social media to show your credentials to the world. We encourage you to share your certificates on social media or print them out to make a tasteful addition to your office! But do not make changes to the certificate, copy the certificate, or share our certificate or badge imagery in any unauthorized manner.
- Don’t misrepresent yourself. When you receive a certification or badge, we encourage you to share your achievements with the world! That said, do not represent that you are employed by or affiliated with Slack in an official capacity. Do not misrepresent yourself as a credential holder when you have not completed or maintained the requirements of a certification or badge.
If you can’t find what you need in this program description, contact us at email@example.com.
A note from our Legal team
We’re excited that you’re interested in participating in the Slack Certificate Program (the “Program”). It’s important that you understand that, should you choose to participate, the following conditions will apply to your participation in the Program:
- You must agree to the terms set forth in Slack’s Certified Program Participant Agreement, linked here (the “Participant Terms”), and any applicable fees (as outlined above in the section entitled Certified Admin Exam) must be paid, in order to join the Program;
- You must maintain your certification or badge as described above in the section entitled “How do I get (and stay) certified?”
- Your certification or badge may only be used as specified above in the section entitled “How do I get (and stay) certified?” and may not be used as outlined in the Participant Terms;
- As described in more detail in the Participant Terms, you must not state or suggest that a badge or certification designation is any warranty or guarantee of your abilities with regard to Slack, the Certified Admin Exam, or the Slack communications platform; and
- You must not violate any of the Participant Terms, which include provisions prohibiting you from making false statements about your certification status and otherwise engaging in conduct that may negatively affect Slack or the reputation of Slack, the Slack Certificate Program, the certifications or badges, or any of Slack’s trademarks, logos, trade names or other intellectual property.
A violation of these conditions or any other terms set forth in the Participant Terms will result in a forfeiture of all fees paid for your participation in the Program and may also result in your suspension from the Program, revocation of your Slack Certified Admin designation, certificate or badge, notification to individual or entity that paid for your certification or badge of the same, and/or other disciplinary actions as Slack deems appropriate in its discretion, as set forth in the Participant Terms.
Create your Slack Certified account
By registering for this training, I acknowledge that Skilljar Inc. is providing training services on behalf of Slack Technologies, Inc. and its Affiliates. The information you provide when using this service will be processed by Skilljar and also by Slack Technologies, Inc. to deliver the services necessary for the Slack Certification Program Participant Agreement and our legitimate interest to manage the Slack certification program.×